Able Foods logo 2020

Able Foods FAQ

Are you keen to try some of Able Foods fresh and healthy ready-made meals but don’t know where to start?
Have a read through our FAQs or get in touch if you have any other questions 1300 123 ABLE (2253)


Able Foods are very pleased to offer a variety of different meal options for you. We offer a range of gluten free, low FODMAP, vegetarian, dairy free and texture modified meals. You can see these listed on our menu here.

It’s important to know that we prepare gluten free products within the requirements for a coeliac, however our meals are prepared in a commercial kitchen that also prepares meals that contain gluten.

Our chefs take rigorous precautions to ensure there is no cross contamination including scheduling of allergen versus non-allergen containing products, staff training, internal cleaning verification systems, external laboratory testing, cleaning and sanitation programs.

We also offer dietetic support so if you would like to speak to a qualified dietician to discuss which meals work best with your goals then get in touch.

Yes, and all our texture modified meals are nutritionally fortified. You can view our tasty selection here, you’ll be amazed how they are remoulded to look like their original form!

Yes, our meals are not only tasty but they are healthy! Our meals are carefully curated by a team of white coat professionals in line with our nutritional guidelines, this means they are filled with nutrients and ingredients that cover all five food groups. We also offer dietetic support so if you would like to speak to a qualified dietician to discuss which meals work best with your goals then get in touch.

Our ready-made meals are made fresh when you order and have a 14-day shelf life. Depending on where you are located it may take a few days to deliver to your door so be sure to check the best before date on each of your meals before you eat it. 

Our texture modified meals are snap frozen so they hold their moulded food-like shape. They have a 12-month shelf life from the day they are produced so be sure to check the best before date before you get stuck-in.

Our meals taste delicious after they have been heated in the microwave. Microwave time varies depending on the meal so make sure you read the instructions carefully to avoid burning your tongue on the hot food! 

On a stovetop: Pour Baked Beans into saucepan and stir over LOW heat until they reach your desired temperature.

In a microwave: Cut top corner of pouch and heat on HIGH for 2 mins (based on 800W microwave, microwave ovens can vary).

Then pour baked beans into a bowl and stir before serving - enjoy! 

You can buy our beans on our website, or you can head into any Coles store in Australia to purchase them! All four flavours of Able Foods Baked Beans are stocked nationwide.


Orders and Delivery

That's easy, when you are adding a meal or snack to your basket simply select Every Week under Frequency and your order will automatically repeat each week.

If you haven’t placed an order with us before then you can get in touch via phone or our website. We will chat to you about your current situation and better understand if you are eligible for NDIS funded ready-made meals. We can then assist you with your order.

If you have ordered meals from us before, the best way to update or make a new order is to visit our website. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 123 ABLE (2253) or email us at if you have any queries.

Orders are due before 4.00pm (AEDT) every Tuesday and our meals will be sent out from Monday the following week. Your delivery date will depend on where you are located in Australia but you will receive tracking updates from us once your box is on it’s way.

Most of our customers stay on a tailored meal plan that is designed to meet their needs and meal preferences. Being on an ongoing meal plan means you don’t have to re order each week because we do it for you... You’re welcome.

Our delivery partner delivers to 80% of Australia’s population! When you begin the process on our website we will be able to tell you right away if we deliver to your area, or give us a call on 1300 123 ABLE (2253) and we can assist.

Yes, our minimum total order amount is $90.00 each week which works out to be 7 ready-made meals and a couple of snack.

Yes, we can. Our friendly delivery drivers can leave your meals in a safe place if you won’t be home, be sure to let us know if you have a preferred spot otherwise, we will leave it on your doorstep. Our meals are delivered in an insulated bag with ice sleeves so they will stay cold for up to 12 hours.

If you have any concerns or issues with your order give us a call on 1300 123 ABLE (2253) or email us on and we’ll be able to assist you.

Absolutely! We understand your meal preferences can change from time to time and we want you to try every delicious meal on our menu. Once you have selected a weekly reoccurrence you can simply delete and replace meals in your basket online or get in touch with our team on 1300 123 ABLE (2253) or email us at and we can assist. 

Unpack your Able Foods box when it arrives and place the meals in your fridge – don’t forget our meals are fresh so it’s best not to leave them unrefrigerated for longer than 12 hours. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 all our deliveries are contactless at the moment but we are hopeful in the future our friendly delivery drivers will be able to assist you with bringing meals inside the house if required.

You're in luck, we offer braille labels on all of our ready-made meals excluding texture modified and snacks. If you require this then please let us know when you get started and we will make sure to add a note to your order.


NDIS enquiries

If you need information about the NDIS you can call them on 1800 800 110, or visit their website Or you can chat to one of our team members – we are NDIS gurus.

Yes! Able Foods is a registered NDIS provider, and we offer fresh ready-made meals, texture modified meals, snacks and fruit delivered straight to NDIS participants who are self, plan and agency managed. 

If you are unsure whether you or someone you care for is eligible for the NDIS funding of meal preparation and delivery, you can take the following steps.   

  • Check if your current NDIS plan has a stated line item for ‘preparation and delivery of meals’ (01_022_0120_1_1) or if ‘Daily Activities’ are included in your Core Supports budget.  
  • If you have a support coordinator or plan manager you can ask them on whether the above applies to you. 

If you are still unclear, you can call us on 1300 123 ABLE (2253) and we can chat to you about eligibility in more detail. 

You can get started through our website, by calling the amazing team on 1300 123 ABLE (2253) or by emailing us at



    • Self-Managed? You pay for the total cost upfront and we’ll send you a tax invoice to make your claim to the NDIS. 
    • Plan Managed? You pay a small co-payment of 20% of the total cost at checkout and the remaining 80% will be sent directly to your plan manager. 
    • Agency (NDIA) Managed? Once we become a registered NDIS provider you will pay the small co-payment of 20% which will be applied as a discount at checkout and we will then be able to claim the remaining 80% directly to the NDIA via a service booking. This requires a quote and service agreement to be approved first. If you get in touch we can let you know once we are registered and ready to take your orders.

    For payment, we accept your bank card details from Visa, MasterCard or Debit Cards . We will direct debit the funds from your account on the Wednesday morning after order cut-off each week. The funds make take a few business days to leave your account.   

The preparation and delivery of meals will be covered by the NDIS if you are an eligible NDIS participant. This works out to be 80% of the total cost and you pay a small co-payment of 20% to cover the cost of ingredients. That means our meals cost you between $2.00 to $4.00 per meal, a small price to pay for fresh and tasty meals delivered straight to your door.

No way! We understand the need to be flexible so once you’ve ordered you have the flexibility to stop, pause or update your meal plan whenever you want. You can do this yourself online or give us a call on 1300 123 ABLE (2253). Just remember if you are set-up for weekly delivery you will receive the same meals as the previous week unless you make a change– although there is nothing wrong with that!  



Yes we sure do! However, you'll need to get in touch with us to let us know you'd like Braille packaging on your ready-made meals. The best way to do this is by calling us on 1300 123 ABLE (2253) or by sending an email to 

You can freeze your ice sheets and reuse them, or you can cut the square sections, pour the water based gel down the sink and place the plastic in the rubbish bin.

Yes you sure can! You can recycle your Baked Bean pouches through REDcycle. REDcycle are a recycling organisation who have developed the REDcycle Program, a recovery initiative for post-consumer soft plastic. This means that your pouch can be repurposed into plastic products such as benches, decking, and signage. You can find their drop off locations at

Once you have unpacked your Able Foods box, you can put the box straight into your cardboard and paper recycling bin. 

Once you’ve finished your meal, make sure you wash your plastic meal tray and place it in your recycling bin. The clear plastic film can be disposed with your normal rubbish.



This delivery truck is empty!